Staff Council Objectives
The committee will always strive to be G.R.E.A.T.:
- Growth - Arrive at a tag line that will motivate staff to seek membership and increase the awareness of Staff Council across campuses (Main, Riverpark, Fort Benning, and West Point).
- Redevelopment - periodically review our mission statement, goals, and objectives in comparison to Columbus State University's Strategic Plan, in order to ensure that our progression is in alignment with that of the university as a whole.
- Enhancement - to generate a mission statement that will appeal to potential members and create unity and strength among current members.
- Advocacy - It is our greatest responsibility to create an environment where staff can communicate their concerns directly or anonymously through the vehicle known as Staff Council. Whether it be a modification, accommodation, and or creation of a process, we should have adequate means to address the issue accordingly.
- Team - It is this councils desire to be a strong advocate for staff, branded among campuses and in the community.
Active members of the council participate in the following:
- CSU's Newcomer's Welcome Tour every semester
- Fund Raising Activities for Staff Book Scholarships and Staff Development Grants
- Members serve on numerous campus wide committees to represent staff interests
- Volunteer for a wide variety of campus events: (members are
not limited to those listed)
- Spring Break Events
- Graduation ceremonies
- High School Science Olympiad
- Habitat for Humanity
- Visitation Day
- Volunteerism Awareness Week
- Ethics Week
- New Student Orientation
- Alumni Art Auction
- Lunch with Santa